Friday, May 18, 2012

WK 3 Leadership Post


My presentation is based on my Action Research Capstone project which is focused on motivating students through online learning with the help of computers, iPads, cell phones and social media sites to complete assignments/lessons. It includes research that shows that when motivation and brain-based learning are combined within an online learning environment, creativity grows through collaboration and learning is enhanced. During implementation, computers were placed in the classroom and students could choose paper forms or technology tools like cell phones or computers to go online and complete their assignments. The results of this Action Research project showed that 100 % of students chose to use technology tools and were motivated to complete their lessons and enjoyed using computers or cell phones while doing so. I would like to present my project at Virginia Society for Technology in Education because I live in Virginia and I would benefit from collaboration with other technology educators in Virginia.
Here is a link to my blog stating why I would like to present at this conference.

Wk 2: Where do I want to share my project


I would also like to share my presentation at the Online Teaching Conference 2012 because my research project is focused on motivating students through online learning. This conference would be a great place to share my knowledge and experience.
Here is link to the conference the my blog about why I would like to present at this conference.

Having the option to publish or present gave me the opportunity to think about both of these possibilities and choose the one best fitted for me! 

WK1 Blog Entry: Publish or Present, Please Choose!


This is the link to my presentation "Motivating Students Through Online Learning and Technology Tools"



1 comment:

  1. Excellent project idea, I look forward to reviewing your presentation.

    ReplyDelete